Nappy Changing Policy
NAPPY CHANGING POLICY
It is the policy of our service and in the interest of the children’s health and safety, that staff follow the nappy changing procedures correctly and that a high standard of hygiene is evident at all times.
- Children’s nappies and other items are stored in individual compartments and labelled accordingly.
- Disposable paper towels are used to cover the mat
- Soiled nappies are bagged and disposed of hygienically i.e. sanitising unit or binned and removed from the nappy changing area
- The nappy changing area is disinfected after every use. Anti-bacterial soap is provided for hand washing.
- Children are never left unattended when having their nappy changed.
- If required another staff member is always available to provide assistance. A cleaning schedule is in place to ensure that the nappy changing area is clean and hygienic at all times.
- To ensure that nappy changing time is a pleasant experience for the child, staff members use this opportunity to interact with the child and provide one to one attention.