CHILDCARE & EDUCATION
Bluemoon International School uses the International Early Years Curriculum that creates a thematic, child centered environment which empowers young children to actively pursue their own learning. This process will be facilitated by adults who will provide appropriate, timely, balanced intervention as well as support, continuity and progression to encourage positive attitudes towards learning.
Bluemoon International School recognises that the establishment of daily routines is essential for all young children in our care. We strive to provide a programme of activities which encourage the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, creative and language development and of the children who attend the service.
Guidelines – The International Early Years Curriculum:
- Is based on clearly defined aims and objectives
- Is flexible and open to new approaches and ideas, on how to promote and meet the growing need of children.
- Recognises that children are learning all the time, and that children learn best when they are actively involved and interested.
- Includes a variety of activities that provides for the physical development of the children.
- Includes stimulating sensory experiences (touch, taste, sight, sound, and smell) appropriate to the child’s level of development.
- Encourages children to think for themselves, helping them to make their own decisions and find their own answers to questions.
- Provides an atmosphere that offers the children suitable challenges and stimulates problem-solving.
- Encourages feelings of safety, trust and emotional security to the children in our care.
- Helps children to develop self-esteem by giving them the opportunity to be actively involved in their own learning.
- Encourages at all times, sociability, friendship and co-operation with others, through the provision of co-operative play and the opportunity for children to mix with siblings, same-age peers, younger and older children.
- Aims to match all tasks with each child’s level of ability and attention span