Toilet Training Policy
TOILET TRAINING POLICY
It is the policy of our school and in the interest of the children’s health and safety, that a high standard of hygiene is promoted at all times, when children are learning to use the toilet.
- To create an awareness and understanding of good hygiene practice, staff members do a project with the children about the importance of self-care for example: flushing the toilet, washing hands etc.
- Anti-bacterial soap and PERSONAL towels are used for washing and drying hands.
- A cleaning schedule is in place to ensure that children’s toilets are kept in a clean and hygienic condition at all times.
- The staff should treat accidents sensitively.
- Praise and recognition is used when children are being toilet-trained to encourage self-esteem and a sense of achievement.
- If required, another staff member is always available to provide assistance. The child’s privacy is always respected.